Monday, September 30, 2013

September 10, 2013

Familia!


So I am sad that I have to be sending disappointing information but E is having some sort of family problems so he wasn't able to attend church this week and wasn't able to receive the lessons this week, of course we are super sad, but we know we can still pray and I know the Lord has things in his hands and all will work out for the better. 

K has a lot of things we can help her with, she said she didn't{t feel ready for this...so we just expressed we are here to be her guides and it is all step by step so we hope we can help her continue progressing

So conference was yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! We talked about our theme as a mission to convert families and the importance to help people stay firm in the Gospel. It was so inspiring; the President talked about how our first question should be asking people is about their families. It really was so great because Life Eternal is true happiness and we can only receive life eternal with a family. 

Also talked about working 50/50 with the leaders and families of the ward to find the families, missionary work is really is for everyone in the church. I read the talk from Pres Eyring from priesthood session titled we are one this morning..It is so amazing and just shows how much the lord works through members and missionaries and this is how the work of the Lord is done. I of course am learning this as a missionary as well in how to work with the leaders and motivate the members. 

Secondly Hermana Kahnlein shared the story of the elephant who of course didn't have strength at the beginning of his training to do much and so as he grew he had the thought that he couldn't ever do things. She also talked about talents and how we all have a talents where we are a 5 and others that are like 3 but we can work on them and we do have the strength to do what we have been called to do. I don't know if that makes sense or not but it was great. I felt that I can work with the leaders and that I have the training to help them understand their roles and help the Church grow here in Limari


Lastly the assistants talked about how we should work with the image of a temple being built in our zones. I loved this image because as we all know I love temples and being on the mission makes me appreciate even more and I understand even more the covenants we make with our Heavenly Father when we enter the temple...I know that the north of Chile can have a temple. I may not be here to see it happen, but I know with our faith and hard work in converting families it will happen one day!!!

At the end of the conference we had the opportunity to do some tracting for an hour before our bus left for Ovalle, It was so beautiful because it was close to the ocean. We contacted a family that had the best view in the whole wide world and we talked about creations and how families can be together forever.  They were super great but didn't want to accept missionaries at this time. 

Well that's my week for you. Oh one less active and her husband who are not members came to church on Sunday. I was so happy when she told us Saturday night that she would come so we passed by Sunday morning and she answered the door in her Sunday clothes and said her husband was going to take her.  We asked if he was going to sit with her and she said maybe...and so during sacrament when they both walked in I was so happy. I really hope we can start teaching him soon. He works a lot but I know she has a testimony that just needs some watering and we can baptize her family. 

It is true once you get lost in the work, mission work is fun. There is always so much to do, sometimes the days go by so fast...ps the time changed here this week so we lost an hour of sleep...haha Hna. Gonzalez thinks it's the end of the world, but she will be fine. 

And mom don't you worry about the cold it's nice and hot here now, it's cold one day and hot the next hot meaning at least like 90 and we aren't even in summer yet...good thing I probably won't be here in the summer. 

I really send my love to everyone and the excitement to share your beliefs with everyone!!!! If not with words with your examples on fb and blogs. You know what the prophets say. Love you all so much!

The church is so true; I know families can be together forever. It is all thanks to the priesthood and the restoration of the gospel! I know the Lord blesses us when we obey his commandments and he always provides a way to accomplish them. Just think I am here in Chile after years of thinking of going on a mission and here I am. I know it's not a commandment for girls but it was a commandment for me. He provided the way and timing for me to be here in Chile and I know I am super blessed to be here and serving the Lord. Love you all!!


les quiero mucho!


Hermana Morgan Anderson

No comments: