Monday, September 30, 2013

La Corvi

Familia
Bueno, so as you see from my title I was transferred to the Corvi (Hermana Hermansen ended here with an Hermana who went home early because she had a tumor), I am with Hermana Rodriguez, from Mexico, Mexico City. She is a convert of 5 years and amazing. She is super chill so although opening an area is a little nerve racking because we don´t know much about the area, things are calm and we are learning a lot. The ward is small we had about 20 people in the ward or that attended, oh and did I mention I lead the music but did a horrible job...oops oh well when I introduced myself I made it clear just in case they had not noticed that music is not one of my biggest talents.

So yes it was hard to leave Ovalle after so much time, but I have peace that everything will be okay and yes E was baptized on Sunday so yay!!! He is so great and knows so much for a 12 year old. I told you I gave him a CTR ring and things to mark his scriptures and he was so happy and when we passed by for him on Monday to give him Echo (because he didn´t have any in his house only cafe) he was wearing his CTR ring and was with a friend and he was such a great missionary to his friend inviting him to mutual and his baptism. 
Well so yes the Corvi is close to Viña. We are actually in Viña right now because Hermana Rodriguez needs to pick up her new card. The bus ride from the north to Viña is 6 hours then from Viña to Quillota on a bus...ugh to say the least I was a bit sick...but thankful I did not throw up. Oh and our district meetings we have to take a bus for 1 1-2 hours. 
We are still trying to find people...we placed a book of Mormon with R who is interested so we are going to keep working with him. We found a family who had missionaries living with them like 20 yrs ago but of the family that is still there are not members so we are working with them. R, a girlfriend of the son, said she saw the peace and everything in us and wants to be baptized so we have to help them get married first. But that´s all for now...oh the Corvi the area is much bigger than Limari
Sadly we haven't seen the RS broadcast, but I think we will be able to on Saturday. At least I know they were broadcasting it in Ovalle on Saturday. But it sounds super amazing...so if not I will have to wait until the Liahona comes out.
Sounds like everyone is having a great time and doing well.  Okay well I love you all lots! Thanks for your prayers and support. Pray that we can find the people and know this ward better. Love you!!

Hermana Morgan Anderson

No comments: