Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Latest from Hermana Anderson


Familita!!
So I know mom is probably freaking out that she didn´t receive a letter on Monday...but that is because we had zone conference yesterday-which was really great! The president talked about our supplications unto the Lord before we leave the apartment and that we really can ask to get specifics and we need to have faith. He also showed a video on the importance of being happy and having fun, that´s one thing me and Hermana Hermansen like learning, that this work really is fun and brings so much joy. President also showed a video on the BOM and I loved it...the Book of Mormon really does have so much power in it and all people have to do is ask God sincerely and they will know and will want to be baptized. Hermana Kahlein talked about being a missionary now and always and what we teach and do as missionaries...so my first zone conference was a success (oh did I mention I was called on to bear my testimony...that was a bit scary in front of all this missionaries who know Spanish) it was good though and the president said my Spanish is really improving...which was good.  and I even saw Hermana Stott there...which was fun to talk and get to know each other experiences. Zone conferences are amazing and remind us that we really do have the power to preach and teach...after the conference on the way back me and Hermana Hermansen were able to contact a few people...it´s nice to get pumped up for the work!
So we used the book of Mormon last night with a lesson with one of our investatores which his fecha is actually on Easter...he has been meeting with missionaries for 5 years and we are really using our faith and praying for him that this time he will have the desire to go through with his baptism...he feels like he hasn´t received his answer...but we now he has...so yea last night was a good lesson and we feel like he felt the spirit and we were able to testify of the Book of Mormon and re-read the promise and the last two paragraphs of the introduction. 
We had a lesson with Carlos who is getting married to a less active, Alicia, but she is really great she basically started her own coming back to church and knows what God wants and is willing to do it...that is why they are getting married, we asked her why they were getting married and she said it´s usually something she wouldn´t do but that she knows it´s what God wants...she is pretty much amazing and has a strong testimony in fasting. So yea they have to get married and he also has to quit smoking than he can get baptized...He comes to church when he is in town...but he is gone a lot for work...but they are working with the bishop and she is super strong I know the Lord is working with them right now. 
Oh on Sunday we had a noche de hogar with a member (Hno Bernales) which is the faithful man who has the bad legs and can´t walk very well but walks all the way to church Sunday! ..let's see anyway he said he was inviting some non member friends so we show up to his house and started talking to them and found out that he had lied to them and told them it was his birthday...and she was Catholic "in her own way" they all say that...and her husband was a Jehovah's Witness...so it was a really awkward weird environment...we tried to teach the first lesson..but it just wasn´t working...they did like the pamphlet of temples and eternal families...she was a super nice lady just stubborn to the spirit...maybe someday...but yea thankfully I can´t  fully understand what is going on..so things were less awkward for me..Ha-ha. But a funny thing, she was talking to me and  saying how I have to get used to Chile and that Chileans are mean and I just shook my head yea and smiled...because I had no idea what she was saying...Hermana Hermansen got a good laugh out of that...oops. 
Let´s see those are the big highlights out of the week, I guess. Me and Hermana Hermansen are doing better with our contacts and talking to people..We actually found a man who lived in San Francisco for 20 years with his wife so he knew English that was fun.  Oh and I don't know if I told you about the new members of one year, but how he is a bit confused with public prayers (prayed that his wife would have patience over the pulpit) so when we had lunch with them this week we taught about the difference between personal and public prayers...and felt that he totally got it...but then in Sunday school he was asked to prayer and we were crossing our fingers and he started out great but then prayed again for his kids and wife...It´s definitely a work in progress...but humbles me and shows me how much people really are trying and learning. 
This Gospel is so real and just makes sense- The more I learn the harder and sadder it is to see people who are confused and who won´t accept it in this moment of their lives. I am glad mom had a wonderful Birthday, sounds like she had a great time! And mom don´t worry about being older...just like I learned in zone conference..have fun! I love that mom is reading the book about temples..I love the quote you shared..because me and Hermana Hermansen were studying this week how all laws are eternal and none of the commandments are temporary...that´s what makes this life so great it´s a time to prepare to meet God and learn and grow and practice and fail and start over in the process...which, this process is available to us all through our Savior, Jesus Christ! I  know Jesus is our Savior and is through and only him that we have way back to our Father in Heaven, so many people here say there are many paths to God, which is just not true and makes me sad...oh did I tell you we met an old man who when we said families could be together forever he said no, nothing is forever and he things religion is just political...it broke my heart and I wanted to cry for him...because families are forever and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not just a religion it is a way of life..and lives can truly be changed through Christ!
Dad sounds like you had a great time in Arizona, I guess I don´t need to remind you to have fun...you know how to do that! Thanks for being an example to me on how to work hard but also to have fun!
I hope my sisters are having fun and not having too much drama, and going to Young Women and appreciate what they have...and yea if I am going to gain weight I guess they can use my clothes...but not till you see pictures of me with my gained weight can they wear my clothes ha-ha. But Hermana Hermansen says I just need accept getting fat hahaha but literally sometimes my stomach after lunch hurts because it can feel it stretching...and people here show their love by giving us food...so it´s like every house they give us food and our mamaita brings us ice cream and such while we study...and you can´t just not eat food that poor people give you...ah missions there is so much to love and accept its such a fun growing experience. so uh yea send my love to the sisters and everyone really
  
Missions truly are great...I learn so much about people and the gospel every day. I am blessed to have a great companion who helps me and wants to work just as hard as I do!  The Lord truly is in every aspect of our lives.  Love you all so much! I am so blessed to have the Gospel in my life and an amazing loving family. I hope everyone is doing well and that my nieces aren´t growing up too fast. Ha-ha. hasta proximo semana. les quiero!
Con Amor
Hermana Morgan Anderson

No comments: