Monday, March 11, 2013

Hola

Familita!

Well here we are on another p-day..I can´t believe how fast times goes by. So the language: I am starting to understand better but speaking is hard and whenever I hear them speaking I get frustrated that it can´t come out of my mouth like that...but I am learning that it truly is a step by step process, just like anything. Especially with the gospel there is one principle we have to understand and let investigators understand that they can´t learn everything all at once, that´s a problem I have in just hoping I could know it all right now..I guess lots of us have those problems...but here I am learning and struggling..esta bien. 

This week was spent searching for less actives and helping the ward know where they live and who needs visiting teachings or home teachers and such. Me y Hermana Hermansen are trying to do better at contacting..it's definitely hard and scary for me especially since I don´t understand them or really know what to say..but that´s our goal this week to really get out, contact and find people to baptize..plus Hermana Hermansen said one thing that really helps her when she starts feeling in a weird mood is just getting out and talking the people and bringing the Gospel to them..because an investigator we had a baptism date with who had come to church 2 weeks in a row didn´t show up or rather slept in yesterday...we are trying to help him understand how to sincerely search for his answer and that God is our Heavenly Father. 

So the area I am in was closed for a while because the missionaries before were not obedient..that was like a year ago or so..but I am just learning the importance of our example and the relationship boundaries we create with investigators and members. We went to visit one less active lady who was talking about a missionary like 50  years ago that she was in love with and he was in love with her but the love letter he wrote her she never received or something...but the fact that she is still hung up on it is so sad.. So me and Hermana Hermansen are really focusing on how to create those relationships and let people who are and what we are there to do.

This week we met with a less active old lady who always gives us cookies when we leave..but anyway we were leaving and she was asking us how old we were and she told Hermana Hermansen that she seemed older but that it was only because she was ´fatter´ we just laughed about it...oh Latin Americans are just open with things like that and it doesn't really matter. It's interesting to find out cultural things as we go along doing the work. Oh ha another funny moment this week was when we were searching for menos activies we contacted this lady who seemed interested and knew some people in the ward so we taught her or rather my companion taught her some points of the Restoration and than we asked him she would follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized and she shook her head and was like yea...and we were like ahhh what...yea she didn´t fully understand the question BUT she seemed like a humble lady and we hope to get back and teach her soon. I am trying to do better in lessons and share my thoughts and testify..it´s just frustrating that I can´t teach as much as I like and we taught the class in church yesterday but I just clammed up..I know it´s not about me but it´s hard because I want to be able to be open to people and share my thoughts fully...it´s coming with time and my companion is doing really well with encouraging me and telling me that I am actually doing a good job with showing the members that I love them...so yea Oh also I had my first little tremborles (small earthquake) meaning it was a really small shake but we were in a member's house and they just paused to feel is more was going to happen...it was weird. Oh also I had watermelon juice, delicious, just blend up the watermelon and there ya go...also they do just have fruit for dessert thankfully they do have chocolate to buy in the stores and our mamamita buys us chocolate or helado (ice cream) and brings it to us when we study..I definitely feel like I am a spoiled missionary here being fed every day by members, having a member do our laundry...a mamaita that brings us things and an awesome companion who helps me feel the spirit and strengthen my testimony so I can bring others to Christ. 

Well that´s about it for today..Mom, are you okay? Just wondering because I don´t think I received an email from you..and just like you would freak out when you don´t receive one from me..I kinda do the same..so just wondering. Also dad mentioned my birthday package...um maybe some fuzzy socks...my companion gave me one pair  but its nice to wear them in the mornings when we study and at night. Good lotion, head bands..cute ones...and uh yea  oh maybe some pictures in like those plastic picture album things I don't know how to describe them..but missionaries have them and it´s  a good place to hold pictures. One thing  I wish I would have brought is more light weight skirts, but my companion said the heavy ones well be good for winter, plus there are places here I can buy light weight skirts if I need. 

Sometimes I get nervous thinking about the fact that i should be prepared to train in 12 weeks and with getting to know the area and everything...but this is advice for everyone, just plan our your day, think of the moment you are in, work hard, and have the Spirit with you and you don´t need to worry about anything.

okay well I think that´s about all for this week. I did pushups this morning...and my arms are definitely getting weak haha it was funny. I am getting more and more excited to truly be immersed in this work and become an instrument in the Lords hands. les amo mucho!!!!! 

con amor,
Hermana Morgan Anderson

I am glad it´s warming up for you guys in Utah..its´great weather here sometimes even hot...but the evenings are awesome. Oh I don´t know if i mentioned this in my last email or not but the dogs here are out of control they are everywhere  and our schedule is we wake up at 7 am and in  bed by 11...Hope you all have a good week. Remember if you are feeling down look for someone to serve!!

No comments: