Monday, March 17, 2014

Nourish your faith



Hola family, well sounds like it was another fun filled week. Ha-ha all the activities and time with family. I didn´t know my sister was singing in choir, but that´s fun. Ha-ha and I am sure the play of Tempe was great. I laughed with dad´s description with Rachel´s girls ha-ha.

Also that's so amazing that dad ran into the family that he baptized on the mission and the son, that will be fun to have them over for dinner. And the missionaries 9 sisters and 5 elders...that is a huge district, but that´s good!

Yes, M and his mom A live in our ward!!! A is a widow of about 9 years, because M is 10 and his dad died when he was young. But M is super great...yesterday when he came to church he came up to us yelling "missionaries I prayed about Joseph Smith and I know he is the prophet that guided everyone"...ahhh I love children

R continues to come to church and is reading the Book of Mormon now! We still are waiting for the information if she is a member or not. But we committed her to live the word of wisdom yesterday. It was funny because we asked her when she thought she could stop drinking tea...she said I think Thursday and I said well what if we bring you herbal tea tomorrow..she said yea, bueno

A and her mom we weren´t able to find all this week, her mom is searching for work and A is in school and leaves with her dad on the weekends..It's sad because we haven´t seen them in church lately either.

We have an inactive couple who the husband is from Mexico but grew up from age 10 in California and she is from here.but they met in Califonia...we are working with them, we committed them to pray as a couple yesterday...but we still aren´t sure why they don´t want to come to church...they say little at a time...so we will see what we can do to help them. Its hard sometimes as a missionary because you know what can help them and if they and even I as a missionary trust more in the Lord and put him first all will be okay.

ha-ha so the other day, Saturday we passed by an older lady who the Relief Society pres wanted us to visit and see if she wanted the sacrament brought to her...because she is sick and can´t do much alone and lives alone. So on Saturday the maid isn´t there and we asked if she wanted us to warm up her lunch.she said yes...well since we haven´t used the kitchen as missionaries in quite sometime and I have never used such a small kitchen we had spoons falling from all containers with the sauce and all...ha-ha was a funny experience but nice to see the Hermana happy and content that we were warming up her food.

This week I was reading some chapters in the Book of Mormon and seeing how they related to strengthening less actives and recent converts...and it was so amazing...I love the activities in preach my gospel...I read Alma 32-40 and when I read this...I loved it,  thinking in less actives and recent converts...because in 39 it´s not that they never had a testimony it´s that we as members or missionaries didn't help them nourish it with care and patience and diligence...I loved learning from this and the importance to have these qualities...sometime when I find myself with recent converts who don´t want to receive us I think ugh they never had a testimony then...but that´s not true..They need help nourishing their testimony that helped them choose to be baptized. It was a good reminder

Yesterday was a good day in church...we had some twins (10) who assisted with their neighbors, the boys are baptized...the mom knows it´s the true church, but she needs to get married before she can be baptized..We had a family night with them and the dad this week about the family...it was good and committed them to church...also R and M were there.

Also we had great topics...we learned about the Sabbath day and in Relief Society we talked about the sacrament...it was such a great reminder to all the bread and water represented and why we come to church. And in gospel principles we talked about the 12 tribes of Israel and the reasons in gathering them...I loved the reasons...they gave me more encouragement to do the work.

Well that's my news for the week. I love your thought from 2 Nephi 33, it´s true we all have to accept the spirit in our hearts.

Ahhh and like you all mentioned general conference is coming up...ahhh I am so excited!!! Conference is so great, we need to start committing less actives and inviting everyone to it!

Well I love you all so very much! Don´t worry I am safe in the earthquakes...there haven't been much this past few days.

I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and it is in Him we can put our trust! The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to find true happiness. I love my Savior and the opportunity we have to be instruments in his hands to do the work!

Hermana Morgan Anderson


Unimportant things...ha-ha

Well we are having to renew my visa today...ugh I hate such papers, also my watch battery stopped working Saturday and I left my water bottle in who knows where...needless to say I am not me without my water bottle or watch..Ha-ha yes problems of a first world girl. But it´s all fixable. So that´s good
  

No comments: