Monday, February 10, 2014

Dia de Amor

Hola Familia!
Oh mother please of course they celebrate Valentine's Day here...it´s a universal holiday because everyone needs love, just like the Gospel, because the Gospel is love. 
Well sounds like your vacation went great! Enjoying beautiful California...and dad your experiences---amazing! You are a great example to all of how we can share the gospel! This morning when we were running I felt like we were on the sea shore because it´s a sand track and it was cloudy today and smelled like the ocean....so yea I felt like I was in San Francisco.  But I guess I should feel like I am in Chile Belloto, because yea that's where I am :)....and yes it is close to Viña, actually it´s like 5 min away from Villa Alemana oeste...my first area...and one of our ward missionaries is dating the mission leader in villa Alemana.  So that was fun to have a connection with her, although when I was in my first area I didn´t talk very much because I didn't know very much Spanish. 
This week has been a week of trying our patience and diligence, we have been contacting doors, visiting members and trying to see the forms in how our Heavenly Father wants us to work here and find those who are ready to hear our message. But I told Hermana C the other day that it was kind of funny because a  couple weeks before I got transferred I was praying to receive more charity....and Heavenly Father put me here where people are not receiving us like we would want, but I know for this I will be able to learn true love and charity...although it´s a lot easier said than done, my comp has water blisters on her feet....poor girl I gave her some mole skin.  She read a story in Our Heritage the other day and said we are going to keep walking because the pioneers had worse experiences than us. So we keep walking and contacting. But for this I know the Lord puts everything in our lives for a reason like where I am in reading the book of Mormon with Alma and his preaching, I have learned so much about the love and the importance to search the spirit in place of everything. 
So I am not quite sure the exact translation in English but look up Alma 7:7...it´s one of my favorites right now because it´s true there is no other thing important than Jesus Christ and his coming...this has helped me also see the importance to do contacts with love not with the attitude; ah please just accept us; but more for them. 
Oh the other day we contacted a women in the street who had taken the lessons 3 years ago got baptized but never received the holy ghost because something with wearing a skirt to church...but when we talked with a member about how we found her...she was super excited because she said she was a super excited investigator...so we hope to find her.

I hope you all have a very special Valentine's Day and remember you have someone in Chile Viña del Mar mission who loves you all so dearly! I am so grateful for your love and desire to uplift others and be examples! I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and WE have to be the ones to receive him in our lives...we are in an internet place right now (obviously) but anyway there was someone outside ringing the door bell to enter, but the worker wasn´t here and I asked my comp if we could answer and let them in...She said no we can´t but I said this person wants in. Of course my missionary brain likes to do analogy and this is how it is with Christ and missionaries sometimes we want to open the door so Christ can help our investigators but we can´t be the ones opening it...the investigators themselves have to do it. Well I hope you understand my analogy ha-ha. 
I love you all so very much!!!! Most importantly remember you have a Heavenly Father who knows your needs and is watching over you!!! 
les quiero
Hermana Morgan Anderson

p.s. The talks sounded great! ha-ha and tell my sister it´s for a reason they are always talking about it...everyone asks me if my sisters are going to serve missions I tell them idk..But sisters are you going to serve missions? you guys are super blessed to have the teaching that you have now in church, when Hermana R and I saw the manuals when we were in the Corvi we were super jealous and wished we had them before our missions ha-ha...but if you are going to serve missions...just keep doing what you can to strengthen your testimony in the Savior and the Restoration. 

No comments: