Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

Hola Familia
 
Bueno, well first I guess I should tell Sean happy birthday. Sounds like the trip to St. George went well.
 
Oh and I loved the picture of mom and dad, precious! Also Hermana Hermansen said she really appreciated Dad coming to her homecoming and that Dad is sooo nice...so she thanks you for going dad :). 
 
Well this week was a slow start put we kept pushing forward and yesterday we put 2 fechas one with a daughter of a less active who says he wants to return to the church...M is 14 years and plays soccer and practices on Sundays so we talked to her a bit about dia de reposo and she said she would talk to her coach...she is super great and told us she wants to feel closer to God... she is like soccer Barbie and after she is baptized she will have everything :). 
 
But the best news is that R is going to be baptized this Sunday!!!!!!...we taught them the law of chastity Friday and he was super nervous about everything and said he wanted to talk to J that night. So we waited until Sunday when we asked about his decision to be baptized he said he still wanted to be baptized so we asked them their plans to live the law and they are going to live apart.  WOW I was so amazed at their willingness to live the law of chastity in a world like today. J asked how long they would have to wait to enter the temple if he is baptized in October and we said 1 yr...I am so impressed by their faith...Sometimes I let the thoughts of the world take over my mind thinking ah they aren´t going to accept this because its going to be hard for them, but they have so much faith and I know that with the power of God anything is possible! 
 
Oh the other day we had planned a noche de hogar with the ward but it was us and a convert of 9 years...ha-ha so we watched el camino a casa...she was a bit bored but I enjoyed it. 
 
Yesterday in a lesson we were teaching  an older lady how to pray and asked her to offer the closing prayer...it was really funny because she was like mumbling under her breath and we sat there for like 5 min ahhh what do we were like okay ready Hermana...she was like yea.  Uh moments in the mission are so great. This week we met a young man named J who is 15 and has some sort of disability but his kindness and innocence helped me think about how we should all be like that with everyone no matter what happens.
 
Sadly A didn´t come to church, she had to help her husband make bread in the morning...we talked to her about what she could do to come to church and she said start the bread earlier...it´s so sad because every time we have lessons she has so much desire to go but the acting part is hard for her.
 
Mom I hope your root canal went well...gotta hate those things. Also I am glad mom watched a movie of 2 missionaries being kidnapped while I am here in Chile, but don´t you worry I am safe. Dad I love the story of the homeless man, I love the feeling of helping people. Oh and mom we used garden scissors thingy from a member but mostly we just pulled the weeds out. 
 
Oh and keep me updated on information of the branch in Limari there was a young man who decided to serve a mission the week I arrived and was waiting for his call the transfer I left.    
 
Well that´s about all I have time for, for now. I love all so very much. I know we have a loving Father in Heaven who with his Son Jesus Christ Created this World for US...this world that we live in is for us and we have so many opportunities to learn and grow. I love learning everyday and hope I can be a help to others!
 
Les quiero!
 
Hermana Morgan Anderson
 
Oh I forgot to tell you a great thing I found microwave popcorn in Lider the other day, so yes of course I bought some it was great!

No comments: