Monday, October 7, 2013

I 3> Conference

Oh my goodness, well I am grateful my family is safe after a wild weekend at the cabin, I of course LOVED conference and watched it in English with the other gringos...one Hermana, Hermana Thykson who was in my District in the MTC is in this zone with me so it was fun to see her and catch up and watch conference in English. 

I hope that Limari is doing well and that they continue to grow. It was a good area that I grew to love. 
  
Hermana Rodriguez...well is pretty much amazing, she is so kind, caring, humble, soft spoken, helps me with my Spanish, super great in lessons, loving, she has many many talents I am grateful to have her as a companion and learn from her. She has 5 months in the mission

Oh so today we had to go change my address for my ID card and I of course hate these things and was dreading it and also the zone leaders had told us that we could leave at 8 but of course the both of us are horrible at making such decisions as if we should leave at 8 or do studies but we decided to do studies because well after watching conference I couldn´t not do studies in the morning. And when we went to the place to change my address it was SUPER fast like 10 min, so we were def blessed. 

Okay well I loved conference I can´t really begin to choose a favorite. I loved that Saturday the emphasis that we should all work together (members and full time missionaries.) oh and we watched the RS broadcast Saturday morning. I think the overall theme that I loved about Sunday was that we need to watch and be putting God as our priority and that his laws will always be the same. I loved Dallin H. Oaks and his talk. Also Ulisses Soares ( I take the liberty to titled the talks and I titled his - Live in the Spirit...so in order to live in the spirit we have to be meek and humble and we can overcome our weaknesses through Jesus Christ. I also loved the talk about how decisions shape destiny and that by one little decision not to go to sacrament meeting a whole generation was lost...this effected me a lot...as missionaries we have a lot of decisions to make and I want to do the best I can for these people and help them enjoy the gospel. 

Ah of course I could go on forever about conference.but all I can say is I can´t wait to study the talks and to put these things into practice.that is one thing I love about conference is it shows us how we can LIVE the gospel better. Dad thanks for your comments I loved reading about your first conference. Sounds exciting. And yea I can´t believe this was my 2nd conference in the mission...time goes by SOOOO fast. 

Oh I forgot if I told you last week but of the words of Hermana Kahnlein that I loved from transfers...she talked about how we are representing Christ as missionaries now and so we should pray every day do see how we can become more like Christ and for one year and a half we can put aside the things we liked. 

Well mom to answer your questions, my apartment is like a town house and it is blue :). There are two bathrooms but only one works for the shower...oh we had some cold showers this week but that's nothing new on the mission. 

And yes for the most part we walk everywhere, which I like. We have an investigator named A who came to the last session of conference he is a boy friend to a member and the hermanas had been teaching him...so we finally found him and he said he wants to be baptized. 

I told you about O right? She is super humble and when we talked about the law of chastity she said it was like a dream....it is so true and the most amazing thing is that this is a dream we can have...we can have a happy marriage if we only follow this law. 

R is good but wasn´t able to come to conference because he had to take care of his grandma in another city. 

We are still trying to see what we can do to have more success with the ward, we hope to have an activity so that missionary work will be easy for them all they have to do is invite a friend...but we still have trouble coordinating with the bishop. The Relief Society Pres is amazing! She has so much excitement for the work and she hopes to serve a mission with her husband next year.

This week we set out to find a recent convert in the county...only after walking 2 hours we found a member who said it was on the complete other side, so we had to head back to where we live before it got dark...but it was super pretty and I love to walk in nature. We have so many great things in this world it's so sad of how many distractions we have...Thank goodness we have the Gospel and direction. 

Well I hope you all enjoyed conference and am super grateful Jonathan, Maddy and Penny are all okay!!!  I love that we have this special opportunity to receive this direction and protection from the world today.I know I shouldn´t worry about this now but with the talks I was super scared to return to the world and have access to such things but I will just have to learn self control. I know that God's way is the safest and happiest way we can find. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and that Jesus is the Christ! I love teaching this Gospel to those to accept it and helping them feel of Christ love. I love you all so much, thank you for your examples and desires to follow our Heavenly Father. This Gospel is so real! 

Oh we also got a new fridge this week. yay! 

Sorry I can´t seem to get the computer to read my camera today. so no pictures but I love you all so very much!!!!!! 

Love, Hermana Morgan Anderson 

And remember: Do whatever possible to always live in the Spirit. 


We have stake conference this week and I don´t remember who but someone from the 70 is coming...yay! We are encouraged to look our best and we have interviews with the president this week. k love you all I am really ending this email now ;)

No comments: