Sunday, February 24, 2013

Ultima Dia de preperation en el CCM


Familia!
 
Hola Family! First off I hope everyone's day goes well today, I feel blessed to be able to have gone to the temple today and be so close to Heavenly Father and His angels. I know He cares for you all and families can truly be forever. So I received your Dear Elders and news of Troy on Tuesday which was right after our Devotional-which I know the devotional was inspired because it was on prayer and the power of prayer. I have always had a special spot for prayer in my heart because I know it is real and I know our Heavenly Father loves and cares for us. When I read the news of Troy I felt so bad that I couldn't be there for Grandma and the family-but thanks to the reminder in the Devotional I know that through my prayers the Lord will comfort and the Lord knows his children better than anyone. I feel bad because I felt like I should have written Grandma an email last week but I decided not to and just included a thank you in the main email ..now I know that was a prompting from the Lord and I hope I can learn from that to never brush off things that may seem small. Also I sent dad my remarks for the funeral, hopefully he gets them in time.
 
Alrighty well here I am on my Last P-day in the MTC. Can you believe it?! because I sure CAN NOT!! I am so excited for the new adventure in my life! One quote I remember form Sunday, I think from Music and the Spoken Word or Relief Society was "life begins where you comfort zone ends" so I have more of my life beginning in just a couple days as I prepare to head to Chile, speaking with strangers in a different language-but I know I will love it and I am determined to work hard! I am sad to leave the MTC and all the people I have met here and it's sad to be done teaching my investigators...if I am sad now I can not even imagine what it will be like when I get transferred in the field!
 
Sunday night the Littlefield's spoke to us. Brother Littlefield is part of the pre-mission field something or other. They spoke on miracles and how it's by the Grace of God or Atonement that we can do all things. And that we can not give up in hard times because in those hard times it's our agency that we get to exercise and our faith is needed to show what we can do..and Heavenly Father is willing to give us blessings and miracles in our lives. We just need to have the faith and press forward and believe that they can happen. As I sat in this meeting I pondered about investigators and how we as missionaries need to continue to have faith in investigators and others to show that we know what faith is-it would be hypocritical of us to ask our investigators to show their faith and get baptized, when we aren't showing any in them. So yes it was a big learning experiences for me to understand and how we can not get frustrated with investigators or need more time we all need to realize everything is line upon line, precept upon precept- it doesn't come all at once, especially in missionary work- I learn new things every day. I have learned more about teaching and teaching skills this week- I feel like that has been one of our weaknesses as a companionship in planning lessons and trying to make it simple...we just keep finding great things we want or feel they need when really we just need to keep it simple for those who don't know anything about the gospel.
 
Tuesday night I sang in the choir for my last time :(. We sang "A Marvelous Work"...which is such an awesome song because it's based off of D&C4 (obviously) and it also has the part of the choirs from spirit of God in it..it was a fun song. I love feeling the spirit here and the strength of missionary work and knowing that yea I can't do this on my own, but I have been set apart as one of the Lord's servants and he is here to help me bring forth his Gospel. I am so grateful for my opportunity to share the gospel and for the Lord giving me what I needed in my life to be here at this time. Oh on Sunday they commented again about how we were probably one of the biggest missionary group ever in the MTC ever haha it was funny how they worded it. So yea I already gave my comments form Tuesday Devotional on prayer I just love that he touched on the fact that prayer is power- I know that is so true, prayer is power because God is power and God is real, which makes prayer real. When in doubt pray and keep going, the Lord will help us
 
Our district got to host yesterday.  I wore my scarf Kari gave me to remember her...and guess who I got to host-yup Kari!!! It was so exciting. I took her to her room, dragged our luggage up the stairs AND she lives in my same building on the same floor! It was great to see her...of course we didn't get a picture together yet...but don't you worry it will happen soon. I was so glad to see her..I was praying that I would be able to see her before I left on Monday  now I know where her classroom is and eveything :) It was fun to catch up with her real fast while we were getting ready for bed..ps she found a boy in 6 weeks?! WHAT..I am glad she is out here though, she will love it and learn so much.
 
I received the package yesterday  so thanks mom! I will be sending some stuff home today hopefully..I think I am gonna send my big PMG's back home- they just weigh so much. Speaking of packages I had one delivered like last week/Friday so I went to go get it and they had a ton of people there at the same time..anyway long story short they gave it to someone else and that person still hasn't returned it..so I didn't receive a package and I don't know who it is from either..I was disappointed.  I hope it wasn't something important and I would hope whoever received it would have returned it but they haven't. Also Hermana Stott's mom sent her soup through the 1 day thing.
 
 Yea I kinda wish Mom could be here to pack me up again..I am kinda freakin out about packing- I may start a bit today just because we only get like an hour Saturday or something. Oh and Me and Hermana Stott only have one more day of running together on the track- that track is sure going to miss us.
 
So yea i think i will call when i get to Miami, I am not sure what time that makes it here I believe we land at 2:35-8:25 Miami time, if you Dear Elder me the time difference and let me know when is a good time to call home..I'll try to work around that, and yes I bought a calling card, which I will call home with quarters first to make sure you are home than call back with the calling card....ps I sure hope there aren't any storms here in Utah so I can get outta here :). I love you all! Kate and Rachel thanks for your emails! I will write you back today during laundry sorry I don't have time right now, just know I totally appreciate them and I love hearing about the nieces!! Also Corinne, thanks for the Dear Elder...I sure hope I can still like Tay Swift and One Direction or do you have to like one or the other..this is hard :)
 
Mom, the book you are reading by Elder Bednar sounds amazing, put that on the list of books I should read when I get home. Well I love you all. I think that's about all for now. I'll talk to the fam Monday-AHH crazy, wish me luck in packing..honestly we all know we have to be more worried about me packing than me living in a different country. It's going to be great, mom don't worry yourself sick, because it sounds like you have been sick enough lately! Please everyone get better..the nurse specialties sister in our district has walking pneumonia and than an elder has a cold...so we are like stay away, I am so glad I've been healthy here. Okay I really have to end this now. Love you all!!
 
con amor
 
Hermana Morgan Anderson CHILE HERE I COME

No comments: