Sunday, February 17, 2013

Feliz Valentines Day!


My Dearest Family and Friends!
 
Well I was able to start off my Valentines Day so perfect by going to the Temple. We did initiatories this morning so we got done a bit earlier and we decided to email before studying for some reason. First things first, I got Grandma's email- loved it, so thanks for the email Grandma! Hope everything continues to go well and you continue to feel better!! It's nice to be in a building where the weather doesn't really effect me much, sometimes it feels like we are in a snow globe when the snow is falling softly. It's kinda of fun. Speaking of weather, Madre you should look up the weather in Chile for me so I have an idea of what it will be like...because I should be getting my travel plans tomorrow!!!! Ah it's so crazy, of course I am nervous of not understanding what is being said, but I am so excited to just get out there and love the people and work so much...it's crazy how fast the MTC experience has gone-I can't imagine how fast time will fly in the field.  And Mom, Jacqueline-Engaged...keep me updated on her wedding date.I received the Valentine package I think on Saturday ..I don't know, days just combine when you are here..I really have no recollection of day or time a lot, which is why planning is so important to make sure we get done what we need/want to in a timely manner. I received Valentines from Maddy and Penny, and I loved the picture of my nieces...ADORABALE- so thanks so much for the picture Rach! Jonathan, your letter came on the perfect day- so thank you- I was just having one of those selfish days where I was thinking more about me and how I wasn't doing this or that right, but I just loved the advice that is so true, we are never alone! That day we also watched a part of Elder Bednar's talk where he talks about sometimes we worry so much about having the Spirit with us or knowing that it was a spiritual prompting but he shared a story from his mission where he gave the 20 (whatever money is called where he served) not knowing why...he went on to explain when we are being good boys and good girls and keeping our covenants we will have the Spirit and we will be prom ted to say/do things even if we don't realize it...we may not realize what we received was a spiritual prompting till later on down the road...Elder Bednar didn't find out until 20 yrs later..I wish I could give you more detail of the story or remember the talk, I just don't want to mesh the story together. But yea try to find it-it's amazing!
 
I loved Dad's carta (letter) in the fact that he talked about the parables of Christ because I just read Luke13...and looked for the ways Jesus taught, the theme for the week believe it or not has been LOVE...it's just so great to step back and realize we are here to love support and lift up and help others come to Christ. On Sunday Elder Lusvardi spoke about talking and spending time converts and investigators- I loved his talk because he focused on being sincere friends to everyone and creating honest relationships- they way we live our life is another testament along with the Book of Mormon that Jesus is the Christ! And he also talked about there will be those days when things aren't going right and you just don't want to go outside but we just have to keep working and miracles will happened..it's just a bigger testimony to me that Satan is real and he knows when we will have great success and he is trying his hardest to stop us-which is another reason for the mission rules, we need this extra rules to stay closer to our Heavenly Father. Sunday night we watched the talk by Elder Bednar(Characteristics of Christ) Ah it is such a great talk! I don't know if you can find talks given in the MTC but if you can look it up, he just focused on the fact that we need to be thinking outward a lot more than inward and how the Savior always was turning outward when the natural man would want to turn inward. Tuesday's devotional was  amazing as well! Gregory A Schwitzer of the 70 talked about the parables of Christ teaching and how when we are strengthened, we strengthen our brother. One thing I really loved that he touched on was everywhere we go ask new converts to tell us their story, because they think it's for us but really it's for them to bear their testimony and to remember and feel why they are part of this church. He focused on the parable of the lost sheep and how the shepherd didn't pull the one sheep back, he lifted the one sheep and put him on his shoulders...it's great to be reminded to find the one and to lift them don't pull them and show them the joy this gospel brings. Ah I just learned so much on loving this week, I wish I could put it in better words. It's hard being in the MTC learning the doctrine and trying to make sure we teach the doctrine in our lessons, but really it's about showing love and bringing the gospel to them in love and helping them apply it to their lives. I just need to remind myself, I know the gospel principles and doctrine if I just show love and care for the people I will be lead by the Spirit even if I don't know it- and know what from the gospel they need to hear. Like I said it's really hard for me to balance that and to make sure they are learning the doctrine as well..but I know they are and I've definitely got a lot to learn in the field about teaching!
 
Um let's see I probably say this in every letter but I truly love realizing more and more each day how important prayer is everyday and at every moment. As missionaries we need the spirit with us all the time...which means prayer. I know our Heavenly Father is mindful of each and every one of us and his willing to hear and answer our prayers as long as we continue to do what is right and ask him. I love learning more about true conversation and how conversion is continually doing what is right. I am so thankful for such great examples I have in my life of truly converted family and friends who continue to go to church, serve, and keep covenants, read scriptures and do what it takes daily to be a disciple of Christ.
Let's see so Friday i saw Kari's friend Katie while we did TRC's so that was fun. Tell Kari good luck and that we better see each other at least once while she is here and before I leave! The MTC is great, just don't stress, it's not needed. I have been stressing a lot about one of our investigators but like I learned I just need to show love and help him. My teachers and district are great- we have a lot of solid missionaries in our district, I am glad that we all-except one are going to the same mission, it will be fun to maybe come back on the same plane with the sisters at the end...not that I'm thinking of the end already..it's just nice to be able to be going to the same mission as my district and to be able to share experiences with them.
OH i also got a v-day package from Collin  ha guess what it was? A Louis (from onedirection) figurine- I just love when you know people know it...he'll be like my Stanley i'll take pictures with him everywhere. Also I received a Postcard from Brittany Lentz in Hawaii...ah it made me miss her and Hawaii ..tell her thanks on facebook if you get a chance! Hermana stott FINALLY received pictures of her family-they are beautiful and i love being able to see families. Me and Hermana Stott have continued our running and weight lifting routine-it's great to have her as support in working out and teaching the gospel. We have been able to be open and share our thoughts and feelings with each other which is great- I hope I can continue to do this with all my companions and show truly compassion for them.
 
OH I forgot to say on Sunday night with Elder Lusvardi's talk he had a family he had taught in Argentine or Brazil(I don't remember) they had come up to the pulpit-they didn't know English and they were just so sweet, it got be super excited to go to Chile and teach real families. Here I also found in my journal what I wrote down for signs of conversion. they are 1. should always makes and keeps commitment (receiving blessings makes us want more and can't wail til God gives another commandment- this kind of reminded me of one having the desire to go receive their endowments. 2. Develop desire to serve in church and serve others and 3. Share the truth you have received with others. I love this and I can't wait to apply it in my life and it also made me like I said earlier think of all you and how such great examples you are to being true converts to the church  thanks! I can't wait to hopefully be an example and help brings others to this church who have the desire to be truly converted.
 
So lets see as I was writing this I realized I have a run in my tights...yea I think I've gone through like 2 pairs of nylons and 1 pair of tights and I haven't even left the MTC yet..welcome to the life of Hermana Anderson...Ah and this are my nice brown tights...so if you can find any nice brown tights sure send them my way. Sorry this email may be a little scattered..the real main topic is really love and joy, just remember to teach with love because this gospel is so joyous...let others see that in you! So I may be sending home my bigger PMG English and Spanish .since i bought a small one here..the less weight the better. Well I am glad Corinne is busy (I guess) ha I hope my sisters are being nice to each other and realize that they are best friends-even though they deny it.
 
How was the Valentine's party?! good I hope, I am sure there was lots of candy, ha my v-day package felt so heavy..it made me smile that it was heavy and it was like all candy-loved it. Mom thanks for the letters and daily quotes I truly love them and they seem to always fit perfectly for the day...I need to write them all in the journal you gave me so that i can have them all in one place. That's another question should I keep my dear elders/send home..of course there are some great ones I want to keep for when I get to a different country but yea I don't know, advice? Let's see I also still need the "recipe" for the oil and water thing to spray on my sheets when I am in Chile  and about the phone-i have NO idea if that is allowed or not...we've just been told about the calling cards to buy in the book store. Oh also if you can find any chocolate covered cinnamon bears sure send them my way...they seem to always be out at the book store and I've been craving them for so long.  I don't really have any specific nail polish colors unless you see like a light peach color that would be awesome. Hope everyone has a fantastic week. love you all and i only have one more p-day in the MTC after today....CRAZY!! Thank so much for everything; support, testimonies, letters, and encouragement, and the way you all live your lives. I'll send pictures later. Remember it's all about LOVE.
 
Also I appreciated Austin's advice on the language. I can't believe I'll be in a different country in less than 2 weeks!!
 
con amor,
 
Hermana Morgan Anderson

No comments: